The Braintree integration lets you accept one-time payments. After someone completes your form, they are shown an integrated payment form where they enter their billing details. Wufoo does not store any of this data but sends it securely to Braintree for processing. Braintree only returns the status of the transaction.
Adding the Integration
- Log in and go to Forms.
- To the right of the form,
- If you're using legacy Wufoo, click Payments.
- If you're using the new Wufoo experience, click the $ View Payments icon.
To connect a Braintree account:
- Select Braintree as your merchant
- Enter your Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key. These items are different from the credentials you use to log into Braintree. See Braintree's Documentation for detailed steps on how to find this information.
Braintree supports the following payment options:
- Show Running Total
- Collect Shipping Address
- Pre-Populate Billing Info
- Limit Card Types Accepted
- Email Receipt To User
- Email Copy of Receipt to Me
You'll need to assign prices to fields on your form.
The Merchant ID, Public Key or Private Key is invalid or the account is inactive.
This error occurs when either your Merchant ID, Public Key or Private Key are invalid. Make sure that you have entered this information correctly during your setup.
The Merchant Account ID is invalid.
This error occurs when you have entered an incorrect Merchant Account ID into Wufoo. Braintree requires a Merchant Account ID for all non-USD currencies. In order to get a key to support non-USD currencies, you must contact Braintree.