Send a Confirmation Email Upon Submission
When someone successfully submits an entry, you can automatically send them a confirmation email to let them know. You can customize the email to include any follow-up info you'd like, and you can choose to include a copy of their entry in the email as well.
To set up confirmation emails in Form Settings:
- Log in and go to Forms.
- Click the form you want to edit.
- Click the Form Settings tab.
- Under Confirmation Options, select Send Confirmation Email to User.
- From the Send To dropdown, select an Email field from your form. We'll send the confirmation email to the email address the person filling out your form entered into this field.
- If the dropdown says "No Email Fields Found", add an Email field to your form.
- In the Reply To textbox, enter the reply-to email—if someone replies to their confirmation email, this is the email address that their reply will be sent to. If you don't want people to be able to reply to their confirmation emails, leave this field blank—replies will then go to email@example.com.
- (Optional) Click Add a Cc/Bcc to copy more people on the confirmation email, so additional email addresses can get replies too.
- Click Customize Confirmation Email.
- In the Message field, enter the content of your email. You can use HTML to format text or add images, and you can use Templating to insert entry data into the body of the email.
- In the Your Name or Company field, enter your own name or the company you work for. This will appear as the "From" name on the confirmation email.
- Optional: Select the Include a Copy of the User's Entry checkbox to include a table of all their responses in the confirmation email.
- Click Done.
- Click Save Form.
Setting Up Confirmation Emails Based on Conditions
You can also create Form Rules to define alternate confirmation emails that will only trigger when certain conditions are met. Form Rules override Form Settings. You can also customize the subject line when you set up confirmation emails through Form Rules.