Encrypted fields are stored with additional security on our servers, so they're ideal for fields that are collecting extra-sensitive data. Encrypted data can only be read by a machine with a specific key and password that we keep hidden and protected, so if the data were to be compromised it could not be read.
To add an encrypted field to your form:
- Log in and go to Forms.
- Click the p Edit icon next to the form.
- In the Form Builder, click the Add a Field tab.
- Add a Single Line Text field to your form.
- Click the field to open the Field Settings.
- Under Options, select Encrypted.
- Adjust any other settings you'd like.
- Click Save Form.
The following restrictions apply to encrypted fields:
- You can add a maximum of 5 encrypted fields per form.
- You can only apply the Encrypted field setting when you create a new Single Line Text field—you can't apply the setting to an existing fields.
- Once you encrypt a field, you can't remove the encryption later.
- Entry data from encrypted fields isn't included in notification emails or confirmation emails (because emails are not secure).
- Encrypted fields can't be searched in the Entry Manager—only viewed.