PayPal Website Payments Pro
The PayPal Website Payments Pro integration lets you accept large volumes of payment from the United States, Canada, or Great Britain. Website Payments Pro requires that you have a Premier or Business PayPal account.
People who complete your form are given the option to pay with PayPal or a credit card.
- If they choose the PayPal option, they're redirected to PayPal to continue the payment through their PayPal account then returned to your confirmation page after a successful transaction.
- If they choose credit card, they're redirected to an integrated Wufoo payment form to enter their credit card details. Wufoo does not store any billing information.
Adding the Integration
- Log in and go to Forms.
- To the right of the form,
- If you're using legacy Wufoo, click Payments.
- If you're using the new Wufoo experience, click the $ View Payments icon.
For merchants in the EEA: If you're located in and accepting payments in the European Economic Area (EEA), you need to register your PayPal account with Cardinal to use this integration. Follow the steps under Merchant Setup.
Connecting an Account
To connect a PayPal Website Payments Pro account:
- Select PayPal Website Payments Pro as your merchant.
- Enter your API Username, API Password, and Signature. See PayPal's documentation for detailed instructions on how to find this information.
Cardinal Credentials for Merchants in the EEA
The Paypal Website Payments Pro integration requires authentication from people submitting payment through your form under the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation (SCA).
If you’re located in the European Economic Area (EEA) and accepting payments from people in the EEA, you need to provide your Cardinal credentials to use this integration.
To update your Wufoo forms with Cardinal credentials:
- Register your PayPal account with Cardinal, if you haven't already.
- Grab the following info from your Cardinal account:
- Your Cardinal API Key
- Your Cardinal API Identifier
- Your Cardinal OrgUnit ID
- Back in Wufoo, go to the Payments page of your form.
- Choose PayPal Website Payments Pro as your merchant
- Enter the info from Cardinal.
PayPal Website Payments Pro supports the following payment options:
- Show Running Total
- Pre-Populate Billing Info
- Collect Shipping Address
- Limit Card Types Accepted
- Email Receipt To User
- Email Copy of Receipt to Me
You'll need to assign prices to fields on your form.
This means your account is not properly configured to process express checkout and/or payment pro transactions. Please make sure that you have the correct PayPal and Payments Pro account and have entered your API information correctly into Wufoo during Merchant Setup.
It could be one of two things:
- You have not agreed to the billing agreement.
- The billing agreement is disabled or inactive.
In either case you will want to contact PayPal and ensure that your account is set up to process Website Payments Pro transactions and that the billing agreement is accepted. You can also search PayPal’s forums for information specific to this error code.