PayPal Standard is a great solution for beginners and small businesses processing a smaller volume of monthly transactions.
People who complete your form are redirected to PayPal where they are presented with the list of items they are purchasing and a form to collect their payment information. Buyers are not required to have a PayPal account, but they will have the option to create one on the payment page. They can then pay with a credit card or through PayPal.
Adding the Integration
- Log in and go to Forms.
- To the right of the form,
- If you're using legacy Wufoo, click Payments.
- If you're using the new Wufoo experience, click the $ View Payments icon.
To connect a PayPal Standard account:
- Select PayPal Standard as your merchant.
- Enter the email you use to login to PayPal.
- Select which Language you want your payment form to be in.
PayPal Standard supports the following payment options:
- Show Running Total
- Pre-Populate Billling Info
- Collect Shipping Address
- Setup Recurring Billing
You'll need to assign prices to fields on your form.
PayPal requires your website to accept a POST when they redirect a user to your website. Sometimes this can be done by simply making your page a .php or .asp page, but it could also require some configuration of your servers. We recommend looking at PayPal’s forums or doing a Google search for the error that you’ve received.
To check if the status of your PayPal payments is being correctly sent to Wufoo:
- Log into PayPal and click History
- Click IPN History and then Search Last 28 Days
If all of the entries are showing up as Sent and the corresponding entries show up as Unpaid in Wufoo’s entry manager, please contact our support department so we can try and help you out.
If all of the entries are not showing up as Sent, please make sure that your PayPal IPN settings are enabled. To check this:
- Log into PayPal and click Profile
- Click Instant Notification Preferences and then Choose IPN Settings. If you haven’t been receiving updates, then make sure Receive IPN messages (Enabled) is checked. You’ll also want to configure the Notification URL by adding a link to “https://YOURNAME.wufoo.com/merchant/paypal/index.php”.