Making a Form Public or Private
Making a form public or private controls who can submit entries to your form.
To make a form public or private:
- Log in and go to Forms.
- Hover over More next to your form.
- To make the form Public, click Make public.
- To make the form Private, click Make private.
|Public (Default)||Public forms can be viewed and filled out by anyone.|
|Private||Private forms can only be viewed and filled out by users logged in to your Wufoo account.|
Submitting Entries to Public Forms
Public forms can accept entries from anyone.
When a form is public, the following options are enabled on the Form Manager so you can decide how people can access your form:
- Share: Share a link to your form, or embed your form, to start collecting entries.
- Add password: Create a password that people must enter in order to access and fill out your form.
You can also create new entries from within your account, in the Entry Manager.
Even if a form is public, the data you collect through the form is still private, and can only be accessed by users logged in your Wufoo account, with permissions to access that form.
Submitting Entries to Private Forms
When a form is private, the only way to submit entries is to create a new entry from within your account, in the Entry Manager.
When a form is private, people that try to access your form will see the following message:
There is no way customize this message.