Making a Form Public or Private
Making a form public or private controls who can submit entries to your form.
- When a form is Public, it can be viewed and filled out by anyone. This is the default setting.
- When a form is Private, it can only be viewed and filled out by users logged in to your Wufoo account.
To make a form public or private:
- Log in and go to Forms.
- Click the . More icon next to the form you want to change:
- To make the form private, click the ( Make Private icon.
- To make the form public, click the ) Make Public icon.
Submitting Entries to Public Forms
Anyone can submit an entry to a public form.
When a form is public, the following options are enabled on the Forms page so you can decide how people can access your form:
- Share: Share a link to your form, or embed your form, to start collecting entries.
- Add password: Create a password that people must enter in order to access and fill out your form.
You can also create new entries from within your account, in the Entry Manager.
Even if a form is public, the data you collect through the form is still private, and can only be accessed by users logged in your Wufoo account, with permissions to access that form.
Submitting Entries to Private Forms
When a form is private, people that try to access your form will see the following message:
This form is currently private and cannot be viewed by the public.
It's not possible to customize this message.