Limiting Answers to a Specific Range
The Range setting lets you apply a range or limit on the answers a field will accept.
- For Single Line Text and Paragraph Text fields, you can set a minimum and maximum word count or character count.
- For Number fields, you can set a minimum and maximum range of values, or number of digits.
To apply a range of accepted answers:
- Log in and go to Forms.
- Click Edit next to the form.
- Click a Single Line Text, Paragraph Text, or Number field to open the Field Settings.
- In the Range section, add a minimum and maximum number.
- In the dropdown menu, select the unit you want the range to apply to (Words, Characters, Value, Digits).
- Click Save Form.
To make it easy for people fill out your form correctly, we automatically add instructional text under the field to reflect the range you defined. If you set a character or word limit, we show a counter that indicates how many words or characters are remaining.
If someone enters an answer outside of the range you define, we'll show them an error message when they submit the page. The error message is updated to reflect the range as well, so the person taking your form will know exactly how to fix their answer.