You can pre-populate many field types so that an answer is pre-selected, or has a predefined text or numerical value, when people go to your form.
If someone submits your form without changing the pre-populated answers, the pre-populated answer will be included in their final entry.
To pre-populate a field on your form:
- Log in and go to Forms.
- Click Edit next to the form.
- Click a field to open its Field Settings.
- For Open-Ended Fields: In the Predefined Value textbox, type in the value you want to be pre-populated.
- For Closed-Ended Fields: In the Choices section, select the radio button or checkbox you want to be preselected.
- Click Save Form.
Supported Field Types
|Open-Ended Fields||Closed-Ended Fields|
|Single Line Text|
Fancier Ways to Pre-Populate Fields
Check out our blogs and guides for more tricks for prefilling data into your forms:
- Pre-Populating Data Fields Using URL Modifications - Add parameters to your form URL to pre-populate answers.
- Multiple Form Submissions with Prefilled Fields - For forms that encourage multiple submissions, learn how to pre-populate the repeated data so people don't have to type the same stuff over and over again.
- Use Wufood to Automatically Generate URLs to Prefilled Forms - Wufood is a third-party web app that lets you automatically generate complex URLs to your Wufoo forms based on the fields you want to pre-populate, so you don't have to worry about getting the formatting right.